Wallace Welch & Willingham offers a variety of programs to help educate your management team and implement compliance initiatives throughout your company. The following compliance training is available to you and your supervisors. These modules are interactive and taught by our trained advisors.
- Employment Practices / EEOC Training
- FLSA Training– Fair Labor Standards Act
- FMLA Training– Family Medical Leave Act
- ADA Training– Americans with Disabilities Act
- Health Care Reform
- I-9 Training
- OSHA Training
- Job Description Training
- Sexual Harassment Training (Managers and/or Employees)
We also provide periodic seminars and webinars to update you on new developments with federal compliance and insurance industry trends and how those developments affect your business. These seminars are led by extremely knowledgeable industry speakers. Our professional speakers present such topics as health care reform, HR technology, employee wellness, 401(k) plans, workers’ compensation, employment practices liability, safety, and much more!
Wallace Welch & Willingham is an approved provider by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) for GPHR, PHR and SPHR recertification. We are also a provider of CE (continuing education) credits for state licensed professionals such as CPAs (Certified Public Accountants).
Florida Workers’ Compensation: Harnessing the Winds of Change
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Last year Florida Employers braced for impact as court rulings threatened the state’s workers compensation system. This year we are beginning to feel the effects of those changes and await news of better conditions ahead after the legislative session concludes. How do employers take control of their costs in this new environment and navigate through more regulatory changes in store at the federal level?
This informative and engaging seminar will provide you will the latest information on the legal front and equip you with effective strategies to control your worker’s compensation costs and avoid risks associated with regulatory compliance.
Controlling Benefit Plan Cost with a Group Captive Arrangement
Thursday, April 20, 2017, 11:00AM – 12:00PM EST
Employer interest in health insurance captives is at record highs. Pooling resources with other employers has proven to be an effective method to control costs and enter the self-funded arena with less risk. Using a Captive arrangement facilitates a move to self funding for smaller employers. Mr. Jack Longstreth of Pareto Captive Services will answer your questions on how this emerging funding arrangement can benefit your organization.
He will also provide insights on how to structure a self funded plan utilizing a captive arrangement.
This presentation will cover the topics:
- Would a captive arrangement work for you?
- Funding Options?
- How to optimize plan design to control costs.
- Incorporating wellness for long term savings.
Join us in the conversation as we explore proven solutions for controlling benefit plan costs.
2017 Annual Benefits Seminar: Forecasting the Human Resources Climate During a New Administration
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Join us at our 2017 Seminar to hear dynamic speakers discuss what employers can expect as the winds of change impact Washington.
Topics covered will include:
- Managing compliance obligations against the backdrop of profound change in the employment law landscape.
- What Federal Policy will Become Under the New Administration
- How a strategic wellness program built on data collection, commitment, and consistency can become sustainable and effective to the organization.
- Engaging millennials through technology.
- Product Trends, RX deductibles, Narrow Networks, Accountable Care Organizations and many more concepts are emerging in the employee benefits marketplace to help rein in spiraling healthcare costs.
- How to protect your business from cyber risk.