This month is National Nutrition Month. In honor of this month, I thought we could test your nutrition IQ. Below is a short quiz about fruits and veggies.
- What vegetable has the highest content of beta carotene of all vegetables?
- What fruit do Americans eat most often?
- What vegetable is shaped like a spear and has a lot of folic acid, potassium and fiber?
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Guide Pyramid, how many servings of veggies should you eat each day?
- Tomatoes are very high in the carotenoid lycopene. Eating foods with carotenoids can lower your risk of ______?
- What is the only fruit that has its seeds on the outside?
- What has more fiber than most other fruits and veggies?
- What has the most antioxidants than most other fruits and vegetables?
- What is the best vitamin C-rich vegetable you could eat?
- What is the best iron-rich vegetable available?
How did you score? Find your answers here