Here are some interesting facts from the US Department of Health and Human Services regarding organ donations:
- In 2010, 62% of living donors were women. The statistic is reversed for deceased donation.
- In 2010, 67% of all deceased donors were White, 16% were Black, 13% Hispanic and 2.3% Asian.
- As of December 2011, the national waiting list was made up of 45% White, 29% Black, 18% Hispanic, and 7% Asian.
- In 2007, (the most recent data) there were almost 2.5 million deaths in the U.S. Imagine if every one of those persons
- had donated.
- Currently, more than 100 million people in the U.S. are signed up to be a donor—sign up and join them.
The Gap Continues to Widen
Right now, there are more than enough people waiting for an organ to fill a large football stadium twice over
You can help by registering as an organ donor, bone marrow donor, or donate blood.
US Department of Health and Human Serviceshttp://organdonor.gov
National Marrow Donor Program http://marrow.org
Florida Blood Services www.fbsblood.org
What can we do as a company?
If your company would like to be a Workplace Partnership for Life for organ donation registrations, please contact the US Department of Health Resources and Services Administration at the below address or visit their website:Workplace Partnership for Life
Attn: Venus Walker
Division of Transplantation
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 12C-05
Rockville, MD 20857 E-mail: email@example.com Fax: (301) 594-6095 http://organdonor.gov/howhelp/workplace.html