- Deduct the soda in your diet. Are you a soda drinker? Did you know that if you drink just one can of soda a day, it will increase your chance of diabetes by 30%?
- Exempt processed foods such as hot dogs, lunch meats, sausage, and prepared meals from your diet. These usually contain lots of sodium and saturated fats that can lead to high cholesterol.
- Interest -make your food and drinks more interesting with spices and reap the rewards. Cinnamon can reduce your sugar cravings and regulate your blood sugar. Cumin can help lower blood glucose levels and act as an antibacterial agent. Ginger acts as an anti-inflammatory for arthritis and can bring relief for coughs and congestion.
- Contributions – contribute exercise to your daily habits to raise your HDL levels (the good or “Happy” cholesterol). This will reward your body by building your heart muscles, burning fat, and reducing stress.
- Earnings- you have earned yourself a time out. Plan some time in your day for a stress relieving activity such as walking, yoga, meditation, listening to soft music, or taking a nap.
- Deferred -defer that next alcoholic drink by ordering a glass of water with every drink.
- TurboFlax – add flaxseeds to your oatmeal or salads for a heart healthy supplement containing fiber, antioxidants, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
Congratulations, you are now on track to move to the next health bracket!