Wallace Welch & Willingham offers a variety of programs to help educate your management team and implement compliance initiatives throughout your company. The following compliance training is available to you and your supervisors. These modules are interactive and are taught by our trained advisors.
- Employment Practices / EEOC Training
- FLSA Training– Fair Labor Standards Act
- FMLA Training– Family Medical Leave Act
- ADA Training– Americans with Disabilities Act
- Health Care Reform
- I-9 Training
- OSHA Training
- Job Description Training
- Sexual Harassment Training (managers and/or employees)
We also feature seminars and webinars. Attendees learn about new federal compliance developments and insurance industry trends and how these affect businesses. These seminars are led by extremely knowledgeable industry speakers who present topics such as health care reform, HR technology, employee wellness, 401(k) plans, workers’ compensation, employment practices liability, safety, and much more!
Wallace Welch & Willingham is an approved provider by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) for GPHR, PHR and SPHR recertification. We also are a provider of CE (continuing education) credits for state licensed professionals such as CPAs (Certified Public Accountants).
Terminating Improper Terminations – Pitfalls and Strategies in Workers Compensation Misconduct Defenses
Thursday, September 27, 2018
11:00am – 11:45 pm EST
Join W3 and our guest speakers as we tackle these questions regarding termination of employees during a worker’s compensation claim:
- Does termination during a workers’ comp claim constitute retaliation?
- How is gross misconduct defined in the workers compensation system?
- When a successful misconduct denial is possible and when should it be used?
- How does gross misconduct differ in workers’ comp than unemployment?
- How do employer’s protect themselves from employment related issues during a worker’s comp claim?
Featuring guest speakers Kim Proano of Jones Hurley & Hand PA, as well as Helena Downyok, Ed Buggy & Alec Morozov of W3 Insurance.